I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Thursday 14 January 2016

January healthy lifestyle update


Now I'm sure you have probably read a few healthy lifestyle/ new years resolution posts already this January but I thought I would share the changes I have decided to make to my lifestyle to try and shed a few extra pounds and generally feel better about myself.

Here are my 2016 goals:
1) Drink more water
I am terrible at drinking the recommended 2 litres a day, I even started a blog post to try and make me stick to it but I failed miserably. This year I really want to try and stick to this. I have bought myself a Brita fill and go water bottle which is a 0.6L water bottle that filters your water on the go. I will keep you updated with my progress in a few weeks time!

2) Increase exercise to 5 x a week
I currently cycle to work 3 days a week (54miles in total). I have really enjoyed doing this and want to continue. I've noticed a really difference in my lower body and feel much more toned but it hasn't really done much for my stomach/ arms so 2 days a week I've decided to do a fitness DVD to concentrate on my upper body and general fitness. I dug out Gillian's 30 day shred and if I stick to it I have my eyes on the new Davina workout dvd and smart carbs recipe book. Have any of you tried them? What do you think?

3) Increase the amount of vegetables I eat
There has been a lot of hype over spiralizers in the blogging world so I've decided to purchase one. I bought this one from amazon for £11. I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes which I will share if they are super tasty!

4) Eat breakfast
Now I've always hated breakfast and for 27 years I've never really eaten it. I find it so hard to eat early in the mornings and don't really get hungry until lunchtime. The one draw back with this is I definitely eat a lot more in the evenings which isn't good for your digestion whilst your sleeping so linking in with trying to eat more vegetables I decided to get a nutribullet blender. I'm going to try and drink a green juice each morning. I'm hoping that because it is in liquid form it won't feel like breakfast! I recently watch the first part of a documentary with Cherry Healey on the What to buy and eat which was really interesting- testing out blenders, fitness apps and monitors and one of the studies done on the programme looked at whether you should eat before or after exercise. They found that women burn 20% fat if they eat BEFORE and men 20% if they eat AFTER. I definitely recommend watching it. It should be on player until February 2016.

I will keep you updated on my progress!
Have you changed anything up in your routine this January?

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig