I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Tuesday 22 December 2015

My 2015 beauty favourites part 1: Foundations & concealers


It has come to that time in the year where I round up all of my favourite beauty products from the year and try to narrow in down to my absolute favourites. Part one is my favourite foundations and concealers.
Here is what is coming up over the next few weeks:

Thursday 24th : Blushers, bronzers and highlighters
Saturday 26th: Eyes
Tuesday 29th: Mascara and brows
Thursday 31st: Lips

Out of all five categories, this is the one I love the most, foundations are probably my favourite beauty product to try. If you are a follower of my blog you will have seen reviews of most of these products over the year:
There are links if you would like a full review of any of these foundations:
Burberry fresh glow
Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow foundation
Bobbi Brown Intensive skin serum foundation

So onto my favourites:

Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation
This is a liquid foundation, which comes with a pipet applicator.  It is Formulated with Lychee, Bamboo Grass and Cordyceps Mushroom extracts. Now I am not a dermatologist but these ingredients work! My skin feels lovely! I have dry dehydrated skin and since using this foundation my skin looks dewy, radiant and I haven't had any breakouts. The foundation claims to have a powerful combination of serum ingredients which help to support the skin’s cellular energy and also offers key anti-aging benefits for a smoother, firmer, more lifted look. I wear the colour sand. You can see my full review here.

Too faced born this way foundation
This has to be one of my new favourite foundations. It leaves my skin looking flawless. It is slightly more coverage than I have been wearing over the last few months compared to the Burberry/ Bobbi Brown but it doesn't feel cakey or heavy on the skin. I bought the colour porcelain which is similar to Rimmel wake me up Ivory/Mac NW20/Nars Sante Fe in colour.
 I wear this if I want a fuller coverage when I go out in the evenings or need it to last all day and night.

Burberry fresh glow foundation
I has been wearing his since April and it had to make it into my 2015 favourites. I wear the shade No.11 Prorcelain which is the lightest shade they do. If you are 
super duper pale, I think this may be an issue as this isn't the lightest colour foundation I've seen. It is very light in texture and has SPF 15. This foundation gives me a lovely glow. It feels lovely on the skin and lasts all day. I have dry skin and I have to say it does not stick to dry patches- result! I really do recommend this foundation. I would say it is a light-medium coverage but can be built very easily to a more medium-full coverage. 

Charlotte Tilbury wonder glow foundation
I got this foundation in August from Selfridges after seeing it appear on many blogs. Having dry skin makes it tricky sometimes to find a foundation that does not stick to dry patches or look cakey on the skin. I have had the Wonderglow primer and the airbrush flawless finish powder since last Christmas so I thought it was about time to complete the trio. I have to say that I am impressed! The foundation has SPF 15 and is a light foundation that hydrates the skin without looking too thick. I really like this with the wonder glow primer underneath as it adds a lovely dewy finish that lasts really well. I use the powder just on my T zone to stop any shine. If you are wondering about the other magic foundation that Charlotte brought out this year- why not see my comparison post here.

L'oreal true match foundation

Now I tried this foundation ages ago and I liked it but didn't love it. When I saw that they had reformulated this I decided to give it another try and now this has to be my favourite drugstore foundation. It's perfect for my dry skin and is quite thin/watery in texture (Similar to Bobbi Brown/ Chanel vitalumiere). This is a light- medium coverage and is perfect for every day. I don't think it has the staying power of the Charlotte Tilbury but for the price, I thoroughly recommend it.

Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless finish powder
I found it quite easy to choose this as it has been one of the only powders I have worn this year and as you can see from the photo, I've hit pan. This is a lovely powder which I got as a Christmas present last year, it is very fine and does not look powdery on the skin. I do think however the Rimmel stay matte powder is just as good and A LOT cheaper. This was a lovely gift but for the price I think I'll be using the Rimmel one when it is all gone.

Mac studio finish concealer
And finally onto concealer. This is probably my longest ever favourite- nothing has ever beaten it for covering blemishes. It is quite thick and stays put covering those pesky spots. I don't suffer with dark circles so I tend not to use this under my eyes but if you are looking for a concealer to cover those problem areas on your skin... look no further!

If I had to choose one foundation it would have to be the Charlotte Tilbury wonder glow as my 2015 favourite foundation but it's a hard choice. 
What are your favourites?

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig