I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Saturday 5 December 2015

Afternoon tea at Betty's tea room, Harrogate


Last weekend, I went to Betty's tea rooms in Harrogate for afternoon tea with my sister. We chose to go to this one as you can book a specific time for afternoon tea rather than queue outside in the rain (no thank you!) I got a voucher from my sister for my birthday and I have always wanted to go to Bettys. The tea room opened in 1919 by Frederick Belmont and was the first Bettys to open, there are now six in Harrogate, Harlow Carr, York, Stonegate York, Ikley and North Allerton.


You can choose from a wide selection of teas and even try several if you wish. I went for Early Grey and Betty's equivalent of 'normal tea'! Before the 3 tier tray was brought out we got a little amuse bouche. On the menu it was a prawn cocktail but I decided to change for a Salsa/ guacamole combo instead, it was delicious.

We then got another mini plate (not sure what course this was but I'm not complaining!) with a slice of pork pie and salmon with cream cheese- delicious.

Next, the part I was really excited about was the selection on sandwiches, scones and mini deserts. It was all very yummy indeed! Here is the menu from our Lady's afternoon tea:




At the end our afternoon, we got two miniature loose leaf teas to take home to remember our experience. This was a lovely touch and you can buy their teas online here


I thoroughly recommend going if you are 'up north' any time soon! For more information and how to book, check out Betty's website here

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig