I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Thursday 12 February 2015

Make up collection/ Home decor.

How to utilise small spaces when you have A LOT of stuff!

Today I thought I would share with you my storage solutions for all of my stuff! I currently live in London and as you probably know, space comes at a premium. I am lucky enough to have a spare bedroom which I can use as my office/closet/spare bedroom/everything else room! Here are some ideas I have come up with to help me make the most of the space that I have.

My desk area
Here you can see that I have made this area into my study area/ make up area. I have two ikea Alex drawer sets which house my makeup collection and my craft/ sewing equipment for scrapbooking and making things. I also have an ottoman stool to sit on which I keep all of my bedsheets in.
I have also got some silver buckets on a rail for keeping my makeup brushes and stationary in (Ikea).

I have several things in this area to help me keep my possessions nice and tidy:


Perfume storage 
Here I have used a spice rack to hold my perfume bottles, sunglasses on the bottom and other miscellaneous items. It is really handy having these out and ready to use aa I can see everything I have. Displaying everything helps me use everything a lot more. Some perfumes do not fit in e.g. Nina Ricci so I keep these in the bathroom/ on the desk.
You can buy something similar here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Mountable-Kitchen-Cupboard/dp/B009KN5E9K/ref=sr_1_2/275-3301330-2176927?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1423597426&sr=1-2




Nail varnish storage
I bought this holder from eBay and it holds around 40 nail polishes (they do come in different sizes). I have recently added my Ciate advent calendar nail polishes just in front of the holder and it stores them well and makes them easily accessible.
Again you can buy this here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Tier-Nail-Polish-Varnish-Display-Stand-Acrylic-Lip-Stick-Shop-Counter-Holder/201003219057pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eccb9b871









Earring storage
I made this earring holder out of a picture frame and some plastic mesh canvas. The holes are perfect for putting earrings through and I then decorated it with left over buttons and butterflies. It is a great way to store them and makes it easy to get them on and off.







Sofa/Spare bed/ Storage
It is always difficult to know how to utilise a spare room so I recently purchased a daybed from Ikea. This is great because it acts as a sofa AND a bed. The bottom half comes out on wheels and forms a kingsize bed whilst retaining the lower part for two much needed storage drawers underneath. I leave the duvet on the bed which saves me having to find storage for it.
I made the cushions with offcuts of fabric from Etsy which was much cheaper than buying ready made cushions.
You can buy the bed here:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00228705/

I hope these ideas helped you and that you have been inspired to try some for yourself. Thank you for reading

x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig